Aug 28, 2019
Coming to you from world famous Gleason’s gym in Brooklyn, NY,
Bunnie steps in the interview ring with professional boxer and MMA
artist, Heather Hardy. She’s beautiful, she’s savage, and she’s
well versed in forensic psychology, so don’t try and pull anything
past her. Heather talks about how she got into competing and went
on to become the WBO women’s featherweight champion. She also
shares about the personal times in life that she was down but then
got back up to win.
- In school, Heather dreamed of becoming the first female pitcher
for the Yankees. We still wouldn’t rule it out.
- Heather was a tomboy growing up, and majored in forensic
- She fell into fighting in 2010 after a divorce left her feeling
alone and searching for more meaning and joy in life. Within 3
weeks she had her first fight and won, and then went on to win
every title you can win as amateur.
- Heather is very vocal about the tremendous pay disparity in
women’s sports and advocates for equal opportunities for women and
- Heather will be defending her WBO world title for boxing next
with two big fights coming up.
- Two major lessons Heather learned from working in a male
dominated industry: know your worth, and speak up for your own
- Heather is a very proud mom of her 15 year old daughter Annie,
and Annie is her reason to wake up and conquer every morning.
- Yes, cutting weight is as hard as it sounds.
- “I diagnose people as they walk by me.”
- “The minute the ref held my hand and I won, it was like nothing
I’ve ever felt before.”
- “I wanted my banner to hang as a world champion. It was my
dream from day one.”
- “When you get real with yourself, life becomes so much
Check out Bunnie: