Aug 7, 2019
Blimes Brixton and Gifted Gab join Bunnie this week to talk
about the crazy night in Seattle that started their career, when
they will drop the next album, and what it’s like to be two
successful female rappers coming together to break the mold as a
duo. They also talk about their background in music and how it
influences their joint style, how their single “Come Correct” blew
up and broke the internet, and why they don’t need to sell their
sexuality to be on top of the game. Bunnie also gives them a super
special BFF quiz to see how well they really know the fun stuff
about each other like horrible dates, favorite breakfast foods and
songs to get in the mood.
Watch Full Episodes & More:
- Blimes and Gab met in person one debaucherous night (maybe new
album title?!) in Seattle. They already had much digital respect
for each other, and found they complimented each others style. They
fought off some crazy people, realized they had each other’s backs,
and it was friendship ever since.
- Blimes is originally from San Francisco and Gab is from
Seattle. They are each influenced by artists and music from all
over the world, and music has been a part of each of their lives
since they were young.
- Blimes was a battle rapper
- “Come Correct” was their first unintentional project as a duo.
The internet loved what they heard, saw how original they are
together and it caught a ton of people’s attention.
- Blimes and Gab have been in the game so long together that they
are both meticulous about their business and confident about their
worth. They are in charge of all their own business decisions, and
are their own creative directors.
- Comfort is the bottom line, and their nature isn’t overtly
sexual. If they feel like being sexy, it’s for themselves.
- Blimes finds it a little more accepting now than 2017 to be in
the LGBTQ community. She remembers a time when it wasn’t cool to be
different, and remembers of y’all that tried to hold her back.
- The Blimes and Gab joint album will be coming out soon, with a
tour to follow. In the meantime, check out each of their solo work.
Blimes just released her album Castles in the spring, and
Gab released Cause and Effect.
- “I’ll be a zombie and eat motherf*ckers when a girl tries to
fight me, dude.”
- “Nothing solidifies a friendship like beating ass together, I
- “Every hat that you have to wear, we wear it.”
Tommy Castro and the