Jul 17, 2019
Gabby Mooney, also known as singer and performer Lyrx, joins
Bunnie this week. She’s always been a rocker bad girl, and it was
love at first Insta-stalking when Bunnie first heard her single
‘Take My Money’. Gabby talks about people wanting to close her in
and shut her down in the music industry, and why she will always be
a rebel that stays true to herself. She talks about growing up as
the sister of Shay from hit country duo ‘Dan + Shay’, her dream
collabs, how she met her Greek God of a man, and her company Posse
Watch Full Episodes & More:
- Gabby goes by Lyrx because to her, lyrics are the most
important part of music and what she is passionate about the
- Gabby is a rocker girl, and always has been.
- When Bunnie heard Lyrx’s single, “Take the Money”, she knew
there was something special there. Her music can’t be categorized
as just one sound or genre, so don’t try to put her in any
- Gabby’s brother is Shay of the hit country duo ‘Dan + Shay’,
and they are super supportive of each other personally as artists
and in their own music careers. Shay was the person that got her to
move to Nashville, and she couldn’t be more proud of him and his
success as well.
- A lot of people in the music industry will try to control women
that they see as too confident, too sexy or just too much. One of
the biggest challenges Gabby sees is not getting the respect she
deserves as a writer, or both men and women staying in their own
clique while judging others.
- You can expect a new album from Lyrx soon, and she will be
releasing the songs single by single.
- Bunnie has an eye for talent. She called it with Cardi B, knew
Jelly was a rockstar when she met him, and Gabby is next.
- Country music (and all genres) can benefit from being more open
minded to all kinds, and females having each other back to lift up
- To the people that tell Gabby to dress down stop worrying about
what she looks like? Bye!
- Shout out to Gabby’s Greek God of a boyfriend who is super
sweet and shreds on the guitar! Everyone is glad you slid into her
- There is an art to wearing lashes, and Gabby and her sister
have cracked the code with their company Posse Lashes.
- “Everybody was like ‘we are very scared of you’,
- “The most important part of the song is the lyrics to me.”
- “You’ll always be fond of me, because I have the courage to
commit the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
- “It’s all about the fans. I don’t play politics.”
- “I want to look like Tammy Faye Baker.”
LYRX - Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Dan + Shay
Check out Bunnie: